Dental care means the maintaining teeth for being healthy. It is key to staying healthy and if you are ever to be in pain because of your teeth, finding the right health insurance for you that will cover dental care is important. In order to find the best policy for you, be sure to check out health insurance finder. Read on to find out more about dentistry and the importance of dental care.
Dentistry means professional care of our teeth, which include dental surgery and professional oral hygiene. This is a branch of medicine, which is involved in the study, identification, prevention, and then treatment of the disorders, diseases and the conditions of oral cavity. This branch of medicine also deals with the oral mucosa, and of related and adjacent tissues and structures, particularly in the maxillofacial (facial and jaw) area.
This is the practice of keeping our mouth and teeth clean so as to prevent the dental disorders like gingivitis, dental cavities, bad breath and periodontal diseases. There’re also conditions pertaining to oral pathologic in which good oral hygiene is sometimes required for healing as well as regeneration of the oral tissues.
It is a medical procedure, which involves artificially modifying the dentition. In other words, we can say that oral surgery is the surgery of the jawbones and teeth. Maxillofacial and Oral surgery (OMFS or OMS) specializes in treating lots of diseases, defects and injuries in the face, neck, jaws, head and the hard and soft tissues of the Maxillofacial (face and jaws) and Oral (mouth) region. It’s an internationally accepted surgical specialty.
Problems related to dental care:
There are numerous dental care problems due to tarter and plaque, some of them are given below:
- Cavities: Cavities are holes, which damage the teeth structure.
- Bad breath or commonly known as halitosis.
- Gingivitis: These are inflamed, swollen, and bleeding gums
- Sore, pain, abscesses and inability to use the teeth.
- Periodontitis: This is the destruction of the bones and ligaments, which support the teeth. This often leads to tooth loss.
- Other health problems also which are outside the mouth, like preterm labor, heart disease, etc.
How to take dental care for healthy teeth?
Healthy gums are firm and pink. Healthy teeth have no cavities. To maintain these healthy gums and teeth, we need to follow the steps given below:
- We need to floss at least once in a day. Flossing before brushing is the best as it removes plaque and germs from between the teeth and also on the gums.
- We need to brush our teeth twice a day daily, with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brushing 2 minutes every time is important.
- We must use fluoride toothpaste, which helps in strengthening the tooth enamel, and also helps in preventing the tooth decay.
- We also must replace our toothbrush every 3 to 4 months even before that, if needed. A worn-out toothbrush won’t be able to clean our teeth so well.
- We should eat a healthy diet. Consuming healthy foodds cooked in an organic coconut oil from Clearpring is much healthier than foods cooked in sunflower oil. Get less gum disease if we eat healthy foods and veggies.
- Avoiding sweets and sweetened drinks is also must as eating lots of sweets increases our chances of getting cavities.
- Smoking should be avoided. Smokers usually have more dental problems than non-smokers. Hence one should avoid smoking.
Hence let us care about our gums and teeth from today onwards and The Wellington Clinic can help us achieve that winning smile.